• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Movember

It's not a reason to grow facial hair. It's a reason to help fight cancer.

I have shaved my head, given blood, been kicked in the gut, and shed tears, all for the cause of fighting cancer.

If someone wants to grow a beard or mustache because of it, I'm all for it.

E

It's not a reason to grow facial hair. It's a reason to help fight cancer.

I have shaved my head, given blood, been kicked in the gut, and shed tears, all for the cause of fighting cancer.

If someone wants to grow a beard or mustache because of it, I'm all for it.

E

Explain how it helps fight cancer? (other than preventing sun exposure on part of the face)

This makes about as much sense as the NFL wearing pink shoes to fight breast cancerHasta

Explain how it helps fight cancer? (other than preventing sun exposure on part of the face)

This makes about as much sense as the NFL wearing pink shoes to fight breast cancerHasta

I'm with souske on this one. May as well make your Facebook status "I hate cancer!" and then tell all your friends you are helping to fight it.

^^^^This!

On their website it says they raised $126.3 Million in 2011 through out the world. That money is donated to cancer research. I think that helps research funding. I could be wrong though.

The act of growing the mustache doesn't help at all obviously. The money raised does.

Its the same reason for this event here in SoCal.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1089178
Rock Crawling in the desert doesnt help cancer.

This makes about as much sense as the NFL wearing pink shoes to fight breast cancer

All items are auctioned off with all proceeds going to charity.

Matt

Last edited:
Guys shave and grow their facial hair to raise money and to show their support for cancer patients. Movember has raised $299 million, up to date. That money not only goes into cancer research, but also goes into cancer awareness.

Along with raising money, it shows your support for those who have cancer. When you are down in the dirt and you see or talk to someone who has shaved their head or mustache because they care, it can make all the difference in your fight to survive.

I don't know about the pink football shoes. However, I'm going to guess that part of the money they pay for the shoes goes toward cancer research or treatment.

The people you see shaving their hair or wearing pink cancer awareness paraphernalia might have cancer themselves or have a close friend or family member who has/had cancer - i.e. wife, daughter, mother, sister, brother, husband, etc...

As far as sun exposure, wear sunscreen. That's what people use for other parts of their body that don't have hair.

Obviously the naysayers haven't been in the fight. It's called a fight because you are literally fighting for your right to live.

When you look at death in the face, you will be singing a different tune.

E

Last edited:
I just love my stache. So does my partner.

GenuineMustacheRides.jpg

Back