• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinions on lift setup/what do you guys think

99VAXJer

NAXJA Forum User
Opinions on new lift setup/what do you guys think

I have a 99 with 4 inches and 31s right now. The coils and leafs are cheap and have worn out. Along with the control arms that the bushings are shot on.

So what I was thinking was calling dirk at dpg and getting some 4.5 inch coils and leafs and all other hardware needed. Also was going to get bds suspensions 4 link long arm kit

So I wanted to get some input before dropping the hammer and ordering all the stuff

Last edited:
Well I have done some research other than the 4 link kit haven't heard a lot about the kit looking for some insight on it. I like that its 4 link and the pan looks sturdy. the coils are fine the ome will just have a different rate and ride better. Dirk has a 4.5 inch kit that I will order and install my self. Heard nothing but go reviews about him and ome

Btw this rig is mostly a dd and I wheel occasionally

Re: Opinions on new lift setup/what do you guys think

I have a 99 with 4 inches and 31s right now. The coils and leafs are cheap and have worn out. Along with the control arms that the bushings are shot on.

So what I was thinking was calling dirk at dpg and getting some 4.5 inch coils and leafs and all other hardware needed. Also was going to get bds suspensions 4 link long arm kit

So I wanted to get some input before dropping the hammer and ordering all the stuff

Not sure if they are in business still since I just tried to go to their website and got an error but I could not be happier with Big Offroad's (aka Alcan) rear leafs springs. I run their 4" FlexE leafs and they are the cream of the crop. The are a bit longer than other aftermarket leafs so they are perfect to run with a shackle relocation set up in the rear. As far as front coils I have had great experience with Rubicon Express as well.

If going with long arm kit....go Clayton

for off the shelf Clayton or RK 3 link is where its at, the BDS kit sucks and expect all the mounts to crack within a year

I'm going with ome springs and want long arms just liked the way they mount with 4 links but I have been eyeing the Clayton or serious off road kits

Back