• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Angle shims needed

mako my day

NAXJA Forum User
I think I need 4 degree... Maybe 6 degree.(2 deg. on there now)

Where can I grab a set? I am in Garden Grove now, heading to Moreno Valley, and then Aliso Viejo.

Stressing about my trip Friday, and these dang high speed vibes. (pinion not correct yet)

offroad warehouse or 4 wheel parts should have them if there is one near you.

Sandwich between perch and spring.

Deaver in Santa Ana has them.

Get the steel ones. Let me know if you can't locate a set.

Well, I am actually going to do the right thing and measure the angles with a angle finding locator device, and then make an educated guess as to what I should get.
My current 2 degree is no worky. Vibes past 55 mph. (5" butt lift)

Well, I am actually going to do the right thing and measure the angles with a angle finding locator device, and then make an educated guess as to what I should get.
My current 2 degree is no worky. Vibes past 55 mph. (5" butt lift)

The right thing is to cut the leaf perces off and weld a set in at the right angle.

I'm going to try a 4 degree tonight. Hope it works. Going out to the desert camping in the morning.
Just that dang high speed harmonic type of vibe.

So compression in the rear....Will that rotate the pinion up a little, or down? Jeep is currently empty, and I will be adding 2 kids, and tons of gear.

I believe it will rotate down.

Steel shims are the only way to go, the aluminum ones will break.

They need to be included in the spring pack with the spring center bolt, if they are just added on the spring center bolt will not protrude enough through the shim to catch the centering hole in the spring perch, especially with a 6 degree shim.

6 degrees is about the point where I would seriously consider cutting the perches off the axle and welding them back in at the correct angle.

I'll look around I think I have a set of 4 degree steel shims in my spares boxes.

Does the t-case have an SYE? Check the nut holding on the output shaft. my 92 had vibes and under close inspection found play of the yoke on the shaft. Tightened the nut and the vibrations are gone.

Back