• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Sliding Window

There was a sliding side side rear window option . I can't remember if it was factory or not . Someone had posted a picture on here . It was a white 2dr and they were power. Looked pretty cool but i've never seen another or even seen one in person. I have the opening vents on mine , they were called smokers windows . I have a spare set just in case . I'd love a st of those though .

Not sure how well the sliding window for the cargo hatch would work on the 84-96 XJs with the fiberglass hatch. The fiberglass hatches are prone to flexing which would cause the window to drag in the tracks.
On the 97-01 XJs with the steel hatch; the sliding window would probably work better.

Not for the hatch but the side windows behind the doors . But agreed , the rear hatch would be breaking glass .

I saw a couple of S10 Blazers at the junkyard the other day with these. They had sliding windows in the back on the sides. Looked like it would definitely get some air movement. Next time I'm at the yard I will try to take some pictures.

I remember those . I think my cousin had an S 10 with them thar winders . But i have never seen them personally on an XJ . Just that one white one . But Sonic do try to get pics up if you can . Everyone can visuallize better that way .

Here is what Google found for me. You get the idea. I'm gonna try talking my buddy into buying a set of these for his 83 Blazer.
15524803_large.jpg

Back