• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift Kit!!

1998xjspt

NAXJA Forum User
Im sure you guys have had tons if these types of questions, but I'm looking for a 3in lift for my 98 but don't really know which brands are good and which ones aren't, anyone have any suggestions? recommendations? I plan on doing a little mudding/trail riding and it's my dd. Thanks in advance :D

Yeah I was looking at skyjacker but idk about there performance whether there good or not. I really wish I could order a OME 3in lift but I can't seem to find it anywhere on the Internet.

ROBZ95Xj - yeah that's what I'm hopping to do!

You guys recommend buying any extra stuff along with a lift kit like sye or extended brake lines, ect.? And you guys got anymore suggestions or recommendations?

On my 98'

Front:
I replaced the stock coils with 3" lift coils from Fat Bob's Garage, added a pair of BDS gas shocks and homemade sway bar disco's.

Rear:
Stock leafs, longer shackles and longer travel gas shocks and removed the sway bar.

Tires / wheels:
BFG 31-10.5 AT's on 15x6 alloys with 3.75 BS

As my DD and moderate wheeler, it does just fine. It's a matter of looking at your future with it, if your thinking you'll get the bug to go bigger, than by all means, DO IT NOW !

Me, I'm just fine the way it is.

Last edited:
True, true, but I'm still wondering what would be a good hight without making it too high.

And could you expand that 1st pic? I'd liketo check it out without all the fleks

I wouldn't go any higher than 4.5 on the lift.You say it is a DD and you run trails and hit mud.So go with a good lift with long arms and good shocks and call it good.Some folks can't install a lift right from what i have seen and heard on here, so follow the guide lines of the company you get the lift from.

I felt that anything over 3" was going to cause LCA / caster issues which again, for my needs is not worth the extra cost of adjustable or extended arms.

It rides and steers very good with no bump steer or DW.

The spring rate front to rear is excellent, feels like it has coils all the way around.
I don't haul extra weight or tow with it so the stock leafs work well for me.

My purpose was to have a comfortable DD and a weekend wheeler that will go anywhere I typically go.
To that end, it is perfect.

I'll post a better flex pic later.

another good point. I don't have much freedoms as I want to go out and wheel it like I'd want to and it is my dd and on top of that I don't really want to buy extra stuff like TCdrop, extended brake lines, SYE. And all just for 1or 2 extra inches. I think I'll go 3.5 with 32in? Will I need to buy any extra components with that setup?

At 3" I don't have TC drop or SYE and it does not need it.

With 31's and the BS I have, the rear wheels can stuff all the way to the stock bump stops without rubbing.

The front, I trimmed the bumper corner flares and inner liner only and they also can full stuff now.

With 3.5" and 32's I think you will have more issues to deal with than I did.

There website doesn't look legit either

Believe me DPG is legit. I have used Dirk three times and he has always taken the time to answer my questions and give sound experienced advice.

IMHO the DPG/OME hybrid lifts are some of the best riding suspension systems available. My 4 inch lift rides great. The more armor and weight you add to it the better it rides.

Would I buy my kit again from Dirk at DPG? No question about it; I would.

Wtf I can't find any legit lift brand that has 3in lift. I don't want 3.5 or higher cause then I'll need transfer drop/sye and all that shot. OME,RE don't have 3in lifts, or atleast I can't find it. What's the next best thing? Or can somebody hit me up with a link to OME or RE 3 lift? thanks..

So with 3in & 31 your on the verge of having issues? .5in will cause problems?

More so the 32's than the .5

Wtf I can't find any legit lift brand that has 3in lift.

www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Cherokee-XJ-3...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a634f1832&vxp=mtr

or without shocks:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Cherok...k-/260745431784?forcev4exp=true&forceRpt=true

or without leaf packs:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Cherok...s-/250773798727?forcev4exp=true&forceRpt=true

or without shackles:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Cherok...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a6348e09d&vxp=mtr

BTW: these are the ones I used (fat bob's)

Back