• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1st Annual LaDee Flats 4x4 Show 10/27/12

NW99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Word for the day......WET
I rolled in to the empty lot on 15th and Main in Vancouver just after 8am, and immediately started setting up my E-z-Ups... I knew it was going rain all day, and I had to make sure to protect my gear. Extra precaution was taken and I threw a tarp over the two awnings for good measure.
LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012001.jpg

LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012024.jpg

By the time I finally finished getting set up, the perimeter of the lot had already started to fill in.
LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012003.jpg

LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012017.jpg

LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012034.jpg

It didnt take long before all the vendors were set up, and the lot was nearly full. Despite the horrid, relentless, rainy weather, there was a LOT of support. The event was planned and organized in less than six weeks, and you never would have been able to tell.

Concessions and raffle were set up in record time
LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012018.jpg

And the guys from Northwest Offroad Outfitters started cooking right away:
LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012025.jpg

The list of vendor support was a mile long, ok well not really but impressive none the less.
Tread Lightly! was of course represented
LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012006.jpg

Lance Corporal Fender with the United States Marine Corps was there with Toys for Tots... we made sure the little Ford Ranger he drove in was nearly full of toys when he left. LITERALLY.
(that can you see next to him was filled and emptied SEVERAL times throughout the day)
LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012031.jpg

LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012029.jpg

A group called "A Line In The Sand" was there, their mission is to prevent the closure of nearly 62% of Oregon Coastal Offroad Trails by the government.
Please contact them at [email protected] if you would like to help support the cause, or PM me and I will send you a PDF of the signature letter that will be submitted en masse to help prevent any further trail closures.
LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012013.jpg

Jones Creek Trail Riders were also there to show support and get their message out... these guys are doing some good stuff, and can use some support as well. Visit www.jctra.org for more info
LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012015.jpg

A good group of people putting out some excellent products were there as well.... please visit http://www.safeworker.com and check out the awesome anti-fatigue floor mats they have...seriously...these things are awesome. The gave away a TON of them throughout the day, and every one was clammering to get their hands on one. The icing on the cake?.... they're out of Gresham, ....doing their part to abolish the bad rep associated with the name.
LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012014.jpg

Another entry hailing from Gresham are the guys from Twisted Offroad http://www.facebook.com/pages/Twisted-Off-Road-and-Diesel-Performance/275196039160640
LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012009.jpg

They ended up purchasing $250.00 WORTH OF RAFFLE TICKETS, AND GAVE AWAY MOST OF WHAT THEY WON! My hat goes off to them, and I look forward to working with them in the future.
LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012008.jpg

Stripe Line Vinyl & Graphics came through once again. http://www.stripeline.net/
These guys have CONSISTENTLY shown support for the offroad community and are always extremely generous.
LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012010.jpg

SWAG offroad came out to play as well, and made a generous contribution to the raffle:
LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012032.jpg

Of course 4Wheel Parts came out and made the largest contribution to any raffle I have seen in years. I was literally giving away goodie bags they (Josh) had put together for a good solid hour. Big thanks to Josh and the rest of the team down at 4Wheel Parts.
LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012059.jpg

Bri & Bub Offroad were there, https://www.facebook.com/briandbub.offroad
...and as usual were spreading the word about Mountian Wave Search & Rescue and their support of Candelighter's a charity for children with Cancer.
LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012011.jpg

LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012012.jpg

I was glad to see the involvement of Double Black Diamond Offroad hasn't wavered at all either....
LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012035.jpg

But the event wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for the big three,
Grand Krawlers: http://grandkrawlersoffroad.webs.com/
LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012007.jpg

Jeep Tubes: http://jeeptubes.com
LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012005.jpg

LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012019.jpg

And of course Jon and the crew from Those Guys Offroad (www.thoseguysoffroad.com/)
(who remarkably I didn't get a picture of... lol

But going back... I have to give credit where credit is due.... Tim Anderson, the owner of Jeep Tubes is full of character, and oozing with customer support. Not only did he show up with an impressive display, he was by far one of the most generous vendors there. Giving away HUNDREDS of dollars worth of product, and if someone won a particular item for a vehicle they didn't own... he made it right, and made sure they got the same credit or value of something that WOULD work for their ride. Tim is a guy who I plan on doing business with in the future, and I very much look forward to his future involvement with the local offroad community.

Last edited:
Coming up clear from Albany was the owner of Total Metal Innovations, who donated a full set of custom Beadlocks.... Way cool guy.. glad to see word of this made it down south.
http://www.totalmetalinnovations.com

By this time The RTI Ramp and the Teeter Totter were set up
LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012028.jpg

LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012026.jpg

I went back to check on my gear, and found it necessary to take some additional measures to prevent the torrential downpour from reaching my equipment:
LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012021.jpg

I had also discovered that at some point I had not only dropped my bluetooth in the DJ booth but stepped on it real good as well.....
LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012030.jpg

It was still early, but the lot was starting to fill up fast.
LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012034.jpg

LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012033.jpg

By the end of the day there were easily 100 vehicles there, and a good couple hundred people.
Some interesting vehicles came out as well.... some of which had some interesting stickers on them. These belonged to one of my favorites....
LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012036.jpg

LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012038.jpg

LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012037.jpg

Another personal favorite:
LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012050.jpg

LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012051.jpg

LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012049.jpg

Last edited:
I saw this and had to grab a quick photo, a tire carrier, articulating reverse spot light, gas can, and back up camera ALL IN ONE!!!
LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012043.jpg

One of the more interesting rides there was this propane powered Bronco...
Pretty cool if you ask me.
LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012040.jpg

The front end suspension and steering on this thing was incredible:
LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012041.jpg

LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012042.jpg

The Teeter Totter and RTI ramp opened up and several people came out and played in the rain:
LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012048.jpg

LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012053.jpg

LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012052.jpg

LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012061.jpg

LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012060.jpg

LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012057.jpg

LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012058.jpg

The La Dee Flats Trail system was two years in the planning and dealing with red-tape, and at the time of me writing this they're about two months into the construction of the trails. They're well under way to create a new OHV landmark in Oregon, and have already made history by creating the first legal Class II OHV area in the Tillamook State Forest.

LaDeeFlatsFundRaiser_2012020.jpg

The $2500 that was raised today will go a long way to help in the cause of getting these trails built. I was very glad to be apart of this and I'd like to deeply thank Jon with Those Guys, and Chaz from Grand Krawlers for bringing me on board, and I'm very much looking forward to helping out on future events to support the La Dee Flats Trail System.

Must've been a long day, you put "Tillamook State Forest" above the map of the Mt. Hood National Forest.

Seriously though, nice work!

Great pics josh, can't wait to be able to go check those new trails out and hopefully be able to lend a hand in helping build . Wish we could have made the show , looked like a great time .

Must've been a long day, you put "Tillamook State Forest" above the map of the Mt. Hood National Forest.

Seriously though, nice work!

LOL!! wow.... yea it was... DJing/MCing a show is a lot of work, and in the rain its even more. By the time I got home and unloaded, and dried off, and relaxed....i was spent. Didnt catch that error... maybe a moderator can fix that for us?

It was a great show even with the rain. My brother and I got there early and were the first to register (vehicle #1 and 2) then helped the TGOR guys load up after so we were some of the last to leave,so it was a long day and I was pretty soaked.

We brought out the Specfab Sammy,the Dota,my brothers YJ,and my MJ.

It was a good time,hopefully TGOR can make it a yearly event as planned.

It was a great show even with the rain. My brother and I got there early and were the first to register (vehicle #1 and 2) then helped the TGOR guys load up after so we were some of the last to leave,so it was a long day and I was pretty soaked.
We brought out the Specfab Sammy,the Dota,my brothers YJ,and my MJ.
It was a good time,hopefully TGOR can make it a yearly event as planned.
Thanks for coming out en force like that and helping out afterwards, wish you would've come up and introduced yourself. I'm sure we saw each other there, just didnt know who we were looking at! lol

Ya I want a chance at that raffle
Gotta be in it to win it Ben! TGOR has a HUUUGE event planned for June... "Crawl the 'Couve" ....they're gonna be bringing in a ton of stuff to build a 40ft obstacle course.... should be epic.

I almost came over during the raffle,your dry DJ area was looking real good.

It was a busy day for both of us,I saw you walking around a bit but didn't get a chance to say hi. You did catch the MJ in some of your pics though.

Excellent job by the way,I was talking with some of the TGOR guys this morning and they were super impressed with what you did.

I almost came over during the raffle,your dry DJ area was looking real good.

It was a busy day for both of us,I saw you walking around a bit but didn't get a chance to say hi. You did catch the MJ in some of your pics though.

Excellent job by the way,I was talking with some of the TGOR guys this morning and they were super impressed with what you did.

Thats awesome, I love to hear feedback, I dont always get it, and its great when I do. Thanks for that!

You know... as I was walking around, I saw your MJ there, and I thought ..."w a i t a m i n u t e....." "I know that rig!...."

Yea when I was walking around most of the time I had my digital recorder with me (or the camera obviously) and I was recording audio for the XJ Talk Show.
It should air next week, maybe the week after.

Back