• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ac evap and heater core replacement

chenangokid

NAXJA Forum User
i replaced evap coil about 1 1/2 years ago and it started leaking again just after the year warranty ,not that i wanted to do that job again any time soon anyway . i purchased both from ac partshouse ,they would not do anything for me . now last week i see the heater core leaking ,i now wished i would have bought parts from jeep dealer . so now iwill have to do job again . my advice is if anyone is planning on doing this job DO NOT TRY TO SAVE ON INFERIOR PARTS . I TRIED TO SAVE A FEW DOLLARS AND NOW IT WILL COST ME ALOT MORE . HOPE THIS HELPS . HEATER CORE WAS SPECTRA WHICH I THOUGHT WAS A GOOD PRODUCT . both parts were made in china crap . evap was made by tech choice . i guess i should of left old heater core in would probably still not be leaking . guess i will go to stealership and hope they have better quality parts .

That sucks man. I've been putting together my order for parts for the past couple days, after MANY months of research. Going with Vista-Pro heater core, Four Seasons evap/accumulator/liquid line, & Gates hoses from Rockauto... $181.98 w/shipping & 5% discount

I bypassed my HC back in July when I chemically cleaned/flushed my cooling system, installed new rad hoses, cap, water pump, t-stat & housing. Then refilled system with 50/50 coolant/distilled water. My HC had been leaking for a good year or more, so till I could afford, & have time, to rip apart the dash to install a new core & evap, I just looped the heater hoses.

From what I've read, if I'm not mistaken, Spectra's core is aluminum. Aluminum isn't as forgiving to corrosion as copper/brass. Rockauto has Spectra cores for $34.79 (+ shipping), their cheapest.. Vista-Pro for $44.89, their most expensive. I figured I'd splurge the $10.10 for the best they have to offer. I'm still trying to find a little more info on the Vista-Pro, but I think I'm just going to pull the trigger & order these parts.

I really don't want to spend $300-400+ for HC & evap from the dealer & I need to get this done before temps really get low.

Last edited:
Jeep year?

If dealer parts are so great, why did they fail?

Back