• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alternator Problems?

Sounds like the remaned alts you are buying are junk. We need more details. Do you have an on board welder/winch/disco ball/ham radio that draws moocho current?

Hope those KC bulbs are recycled landing lights off a 747?!? LOL. Maybe 100 watts?

I assume you have a lifetime warranty but I would take the alt to a local automotive electric shop. They can tell you what the problem is and replace brushes and bearings. Local shop did mine 5 years ago for about $45.

Friend of the Forum -- 50% of member price. I was a full member for some years hence the "NAXJA Member #1191" but I don't know why that shows up with my user name.

"Full" or "Friend", worth every penny!

I used to go through a bunch, I admit to being a puddle splasher. Luckily i live in socal where it rains hard twice a year, so i wouldnt say i went thru 5, but ive gone thru 2 in a year before.

I moved it up top where the A/C comp went, and bought a NAPA cs-144, and havent looked back.... I cant get liquid on to the alternator if I try now.

Back