• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crank pulley positioning?

AZjeepin1

NAXJA Forum User
I'm replacing my timing cover seal today but wanted to check to see if I need to pay attention to how the crank pulley gets reinstalled in regards to orientation. Also, is the Renix 4.0 internally or externally balanced?

I'm replacing my timing cover seal today but wanted to check to see if I need to pay attention to how the crank pulley gets reinstalled in regards to orientation. Also, is the Renix 4.0 internally or externally balanced?
The crank pulley has a keyway. As long as you insert the key and align it before you press it together, you will be fine.

I found it easiest to turn the crank til the keyway was straight down, as I was laying on my back. That way I could eyeball it until it lined up, one good push and it went just about all the way on. I did not have to use the install tool.

Back