• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clutch switch??? 1990 XJ w/5spd conversion

Trailaddict

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang, I'm new here, first post, etc. I apologize if my question is in the wrong spot. Here goes: I have a 90 XJ, all that's left of OEM is the body and 4l. I swapped in an NV4500, switched comps to the Renix 5spd model and changed the CPS for good measure. I can't get the thing to start from the ignition. I can short it over at the starter and it runs just fine. Got no power with ignition on to the starter solenoid. The NSS from the auto is unplugged and for the life of me I can't find any kind of clutch switch in the manuals or from parts stores leading me to think there isn't one for the early years. WHAT AM I MISSING???? PLEASE HELP THE NEW GUY for he knows not what he's doing! :looney:

Thanks

Disregard! A buddy figured out it was the NSS (neutral switch) and which wire to ground out (the black one with the white stripe) and BAM, my baby LIT!

Back