• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

drag link maxed out

ryanwscott

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 2000 cherokee with the iron rock off road steering and my drag link is adjusted all the way in and the steering wheel is still off center does any one have any ideas?

IRO OTK
DPA

the alignment guy said it was how can i check. my steering has always been a little to the left then i lifted the jeep and changed a bunch of things and its still off. big problem is that the drag link is supposed to be tight to keep it from rubbing the tie rod but its as tight as it can go.

measure from one of the lugs on the tire to a point on the body. i usually use the bump stop tube inside the coil. make sure you have the same measurement on both sides of the jeep. if it's off a lot, you'll have issues with the drag link and steering wheel alignment.
if you lifted it after it after your alignment guy said it was good, it's definitely off.

Is there perhaps a minimum and/or maximum lift their steering will accommodate, are you maybe outside those parameters?

Give them a call, they're really good people to deal with.

Hans

i just talked to josh at iro and the entire thing kinda blew his miin usuall at 7+ lift the drag link is maxed the other way.

ill go measure for the track bar right now.

in the tire centered wheel centered postion which way does the pitman sit stright to the rear?

measure from one of the lugs on the tire to a point on the body. i usually use the bump stop tube inside the coil. make sure you have the same measurement on both sides of the jeep. if it's off a lot, you'll have issues with the drag link and steering wheel alignment.
if you lifted it after it after your alignment guy said it was good, it's definitely off.

no that i really take a look at it and measure it is off.

ok i adjusted the track bar length and that settled the steering wheel out a bit but its still sloppy i think ill pulll the fan and adj the top adj on the steering box. thanks for the quick reply but why would my drag length adj be all the way in you would think i should have some adjustment in it.

pitman arm is facing straight back!

i got it fixed vanimal was on point the track bar was completely wrong i adjusted it and im now even on both sides and when i adjusted the track correct the steering wheel went to the right then i adjusted my drag link out then the steering wheel is straight.

CREDIT TO VANIMAL

This conversation is giving me flashbacks hehehe

Adjust trackbar until square at ride height, (check toe) then go for the wheel straight.

I drive into my garage straight as an arrow, leave the key forward one click, and my wife sits in the driver seat and tells me when the wheel is dead on - worked every time!

Back