• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mounting Solenoid Unit for Winch.. Please help!

foo103

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

I'm currently trying to install an Or-Fab front bumper with a Smittybilt XRC-8 winch. In order to get the solenoid unit to fit in the bumper, I removed it from the casing Smittybilt provides and mounted it on the inside bottom of my bumper. I'm wondering if I should be concerned about the elements screwing with anything on the unit? I thought it would probably be okay since the casing it came it wasn't exactly covering the unit very well in the first place but just wanted to make sure that I wasn't endangering my investment before I installed the bumper. Anyone dealt with this before?

Haven't dealt with it before, but look up the xrc "mod" basically you re seal the solenoid box yourself because it leaks and corrodes from smittybilt... once that's done I wouldn't worry about it.

There are writeups on other forum if you search xrc 8 corrosion or solenoid, can't remember which one

Back