• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Local South OC Alignment shop

mako my day

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know of a good shop? I need all my junk adjusted. Track bar, pinion angle, etc.
Also, some how I can't figure out how to get my steering wheel straight. I have pulled the gear box to replace the seals, added a nice 6" lift, upgraded the steering linkages, etc. I tried adjusting, but now I lost 30% right steering travel.
Thanks. My junk is almost ready to road test.

first, adjust your track bar. not sure what you have, but you'll likely have a heim at one end, adjust that until the jeep is centered. you can measure from your tire to any point on the frame on both sides, i usually go from the bumpstop tube to the edge of a lug on the tire. the tires need to be pointed forward to do this. more than likely this is most of your problem. if you have a problem moving the body side to side over the axle when you're trying to get the track bar back in after adjustment, you can turn the steering wheel, it will easilly move the body around instead of turning the wheels.
then adjust the drag link to center your steering wheel. you can do the whole alignment yourself, it isnt too hard. first center the track bar and we can go from there.

So, trackbar about 2" to passenger would possibly cause the steering wheel to not be able to straight?
I think I understand master sensei. I'll try it tonight. Trackbar is a re 1600? with double shear mount.

yes, the trackbar being that far off will definitely effect steering. start by screwing the joint in a littlle over half the distance the axle is off. so about 1.1 inches or so. that will get you ballpark, then you can bolt it back in and remeasure and adjust again if needed.

Don't pay an alignment shop, you can get it right with a tape measure. I have found that most alignment shops are clueless when it comes to modified 4WD's anyway.

Take your track car off and let roll the rig forwrd and back a bit. Then, adjust track bar till it fits in on the mount. That should help with centering it. After that, do what John suggested and adjust the alignment using the tape measure method. toe in is 1/8 of an inch i believe. But it also depends on what T-case your rig has.

Ooohhhhhhhhhhhh. But what does it have to do with toe in?
the tires will fight eachother if they're both under power on pavement. with the 231, you generally aren't in 4wd on dry pavement.
it's just bad for parts. however, i doubt 1/8" will make a hell of a lot of difference.

Also the larger the tire the less an 1/8th an inch will make a difference. A small car with 195-205 tires. Huge difference. A jeep with 33's not so much.

Back