• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2nd Annual OC Motorcycle Ride - Oct 20th - (Informal Food Drive)

Monkey55

NAXJA Forum User
I know some of you ride motorcycles.

Here is a ride that I'm putting.

I ride a Harley Sportster. However, the ride is open to all bikes.

Keep in mind that you do not have to donate food nor ride the route. Feel free to come and ride as much or little as you want.
----------------------------------------

It's that time of the year for the 2nd Annual OC Motorcycle Ride - (Informal Food Drive) - Saturday Oct. 20th.

This is a informal motorcycle ride with the option of donating food to help hungry people. You are NOT required to donate food to ride with us.

Food will be donated to the Orange County Food Bank.

Last year, we donated about 44lbs of food. I had my wife meet us at the starting point where we loaded up the back of her Jeep. We dropped off the food the follow Monday. This year, I'm going to try to get a representative to meet us and pick up the food.

Why: Because I love to ride and figured that I can spare some food to help out some people in need.
Who: All motorcycle's are welcomed.
Meeting Location: Starbucks - 3630 E. Chapman Ave Orange, CA 92869
Meeting Time: 9:30am
Departure Time: 10:30am

MAP

We will stop at Hell's Kitchen, on Ortegway Highway, for lunch.

Last year, we only did Santiago Canyon and Ortegway Highway. This year, I'm extending it past the 15 freeway. Since I have never been on the other sie of the 15 freeway, I'm taking a guess on the route on that side. I used Google's street view and it looks decent.

Here is a list of the most needed items.
• Canned Vegetables
• Canned Fruit
• Canned Soup
• Canned Tuna
• Canned Stews
• Beans
• Rice
• Pasta
• Peanut Butter (plastic containers)
• Thanksgiving items - canned pumpkin, canned cranberry sauce, stuffing mix etc.

For Children
• Granola bars
• Raisins
• Fruit cups
• Whole-grain crackers
• Peanut butter and jelly
• Cereal
• Nuts
• Juice boxes (100% juice)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Elias

I'm all ears.

I want to minimize as many stops and signals as possible. Hills and twisties are good.

I would like to end up somewhere near the 91frwy or the 15frwy (North of the 74).

BTW - 4 to 5 riders have confirmed and about 5 others are might do it.

Feel free to just stop by at Starbucks and say, "Hi." I'll even let Souske rib me about my bent stock steering. ;)

Thanks,
E

Last edited:
Wish I would have seen this E....... I just picked up a 2005 ZX-10R

It turned out to be a pretty good ride even though it drizzled on us up until Hell's Kitchen. It's kind of ironic how the sun was.shinning on that place.

The 2005ZX-10R looks pretty cool. How does it ride??

E

It turned out to be a pretty good ride even though it drizzled on us up until Hell's Kitchen. It's kind of ironic how the sun was.shinning on that place.

The 2005ZX-10R looks pretty cool. How does it ride??

E

Like a monster. 413 wet weight with 175 hp (~155 whp)...... it keeps your attention. I think I'm getting old though..... its SUPER uncomfortable on my wrists after only about 20 miles. hahaha I only use it for 1 day a week commuting and weekend riding only. The FZR1000 (82,000 miles) gets the major DD duty.

Back