• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aussie FAIL .. Help please

FleXJ96

NAXJA Forum User
With out a receipt , does Aussie offer a warranty or replacement ? This thing felt like it broke first trip just doing a u turn in the sand . Spun tires and heard a loud pop, loud enough we all thought I broke an axle. Think that was first time it skipped shaving teeth. Then after it was always binding and locking/unlocking randomly and starting popping driving in a straight line. A few days ago it did this so bad it sent me into a death wobble and had to have it towed to shop. When we removed it today all the teeth were rounded and chipped and shop told me or was toast. Do I have any recourse with Aussie...do they stand behind their product ? Sucks, huge event Jeeptoberfest here in Florida in just weeks and I can't afford another brand locker after I just paid for this one ...

did you have a shop install the locker? I've had nothing but great luck with aussie lockers, but if they don't warranty it for whatever reason be prepared to question whether the installation was done correctly.

My Aussie just failed also had installed 2 years ago, they replaced it. Just needed to mail it to them first. They looked it over and said it was covered. Just took two weeks for the new one., they are located in new york

Sounds like it might not have been shimmed properly or something. I'm sure they have a great warranty, but for an improper install you might be out of luck...

Yes, I had a friend help who has done several, everything measured Good. I did write them and them and they said I need receipt for a warranty claim which I do not have any more. I just wrote them again asking if they would be willing to take a look at this one, more of a safety concern over me getting a replacement.

Worse case scenario you could throw some stock spiders back in if you just Had to drive it to your event.

Hopefully Aussie will take care of you.

I have a spartan rear locker.. and a V8 on 35s.. I've done things in the sand your 4.0liter could only dream about.. almost 2 years of abuse, Not a flake of metal in the oil and it works as new.

Some close ups :

561490_4647942126848_920801518_n.jpg

554183_4647942566859_1270586056_n.jpg

9297_4647943006870_539679148_n.jpg

224441_4647943406880_654070509_n.jpg

Did you install the stock side thrust washers like the manual says? And were all the springs in and seated correctly? To me, it looks like there was too much play in the carrier OR one or more of the springs were not seated right, which caused uneven pressure on the cogs of the locker itself allowing them to slip and wear like that.

I would call Aussie or the dealer who sold it to you and explain what happened and see what they say, but if you did the install yourself be prepared that they might not want to warranty it if there's any question about your installation procedures or carrier wear.

Also, are you certain your axle housing isn't bent? I've seen some crazy stuff with autolockers like this and bent housings that caused the whole assembly to not sit "flat" together, making them pop and wear like yours because the pressure was not even all the way around the cogs.

Did you install the stock side thrust washers like the manual says? And were all the springs in and seated correctly?

Yes, and everything was good and in spec at the time of install. I am getting some grief from them having had it not installed at a shop. I think I am going to send the locker anyways and see what they say. With something of this nature, they should stress more to have a pro install if you want to actual make a claim. I just thought I was buying a quality product that would not need to worry about a warranty, at least not this soon.

Back