• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

grand cherokee amplifier?

NCCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I was digging through the JY yesterday for some WJ seats, and found a bunch of them had amplifiers stock under the rear seat. I saw on the JY thread someone mentioned using this amplifier for a small sub or something. Searched and couldnt find anything.

Does anyone know any of the specs on these amps? I think they were mostly in WJs, but there were a few ZJs that had them. Can they be made to work with an aftermarket stereo to power a smaller sub (say 10") to save a little $$ on sound system upgrades?

How about the speakers? I noticed some of the speakers in the rear doors had little component tweeters on them. What about the stereo? It appears to be 1.5 DIN like the XJ. Think they can work with the existing radio wiring harness in the XJ?

1- the amp could work but with the hassle of finding out what wire is what without a diagram could set you back more than the $75 for a couple hundred Watt amp to run a 10. Plus, I doubt its stable to run a 4 or 2 ohm sub. Check pawn shops, I've got a couple good systems from them and have had zero issue, test components BEFORE you leave though

2- stereo directly hook up? I doubt it but not 100%, same as amp, it can be done but with a test light and knowing what is what with the wiring

3- the speakers, I think the xj has either 5 1/4" up front 6 1/2" in the rear hatch or vice versa, just measure em up in the zj. A speaker is a speaker and will wire up just fine unless its set up component style, meaning the larger woofer in the door and a tweeter somewhere else like the dash or pillar.

Hope this helps

Back