• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1990 XJ

Snapple

NAXJA Forum User
So after a nice summer driving my XJ, some crazy lady pulled out in-front of me over a sidewalk Tuesday. just some minor bumper and damage marker light aria. but the insurance company is totaling it out due to the cost of fixing it...

90 jeep cherokee. drives fine.

the bad
D35c (anti slip tho)
crews-control dose not work. (needs new switch arm)
leaky rear main. (have replacement)
paint
front end damage.( putting a winch bumper wound fix most issues)
radio works but can not see what channel your on. its a tape also

other things.
factory tow (heavy duty cooling both trans and engine)
just put on front skid plate with reinforcing (pick a pulled and put on the 30 min before ascendant.) LOL
Good front seats.. if someone wants to swoop them out....

SO if anyone wants to buy it from the insurance for new lower value before it goes to pick a pull.
20121009_152200+-+Copy.jpg

20121009_152206.jpg

Ok got the call. the buy backs is 500. you will need to trailor it due to I need to take my Vet plates off and register it as salvage.we can work something out. give me a call
fiveOtree eat 7 seven five4 five4

Last edited:
well did not think the insurance was going to give me much.. I am thinking about garbing a d44 to fix the screaming rear end. but don't know if a d44 with limited slip is worth 550.

You can find an 8.25 for $150-200 all day long.. Dana 44's are great axles, But only if the price is right and its right in front of you.. Infact, I'll bet you could have an 8.8 ready to install for around that $550 price..

You can find an 8.25 for $150-200 all day long.. Dana 44's are great axles, But only if the price is right and its right in front of you.. Infact, I'll bet you could have an 8.8 ready to install for around that $550 price..

ya i was hoping to be around that installed. but really hard to finding a functional complete axle because i don't have the tools or skills do a rebuild all i know is the d44 is the better way to go and the 8.25 and 8.8 are 2 sizes of Chrysler axles.
So having to find a 3.5 or a front and rear that match in the 4.11gear.

now if i could get help with knowing what i need and what is worth the cash, would be great.

8.8 is a Ford axle, commonly pulled from 96+ Ford explorers, at pickNpull for under $200.. Very good axle..

go with the 8.25 from a 97+ xj. you wont regret it! 8.8 is a great axle but requires cutting/welding and flange kit for it to fit. Plus its way overkill for your little street jeep!

Grab a driveshaft for an xj with a 8.25 also, they are about an inch shorter to compensate for the longer housing.

Back