• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can I run 32x11.5x15 on XJ

minor_obstacle

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have a 3" lift kit on my 93 XJ, bought it used from someone on here. Has a slight sag to it so not a true 3" lift. Way better than what it was stock with sagging leafs. I have BFG AT 30x9.5x15 on stock steel Cherokee Wheels. Looks like I have plenty of room if I went to 31x10.5x15. Is it possible to install 32x11.5x15 with this lift, with no rubbing, or cutting of fenders. I know 33's are out of the question. Any ideas? Wheel spacers, spacers in the front springs, leaf spring brackets,relocation brackets. I can not afford a bigger lift kit at this time. Someone is selling used BFG 32x11.5x15, I need tires now, need to know if I can put these on with minimal modification. Thanks

I needed wheel spacers when I went from stock to 32" muds on my stock wheels. 4.5 inch lift. Front fenders will hit in the rear lower corner. Minimal trim required.

RockCreekearlyOct.jpg

HayCanyon2.jpg

HayCanyon3.jpg

3" of lift, Bushwacker Flat flares, 32x11.5x15 on stock Gamblers with Spidertrax 1.5" wheel spacers. Plenty of articulation room, no rubbing, and goes wherever I ask it too.

the flares don't give you any extra room, the trimming does. he's quite trimmed, that's why he doesnt rub.

Tires rubbed on the control arms prior to using wheel spacers. I could have bought different wheels, but a guy from the local club gave me the wheel spacers in exchange for helping him do an engine swap.

The Bushwackers are more for keeping mud and crap off the side of the Jeep. Before I installed those, I had just done 53guy's front and rear trim, but the factory flares didn't cover enough of the tire to keep all the crap off the rig.

My combo works well for me.

I currently have a 3" lift kit on my 93 XJ, bought it used from someone on here. Has a slight sag to it so not a true 3" lift. Way better than what it was stock with sagging leafs. I have BFG AT 30x9.5x15 on stock steel Cherokee Wheels. Looks like I have plenty of room if I went to 31x10.5x15. Is it possible to install 32x11.5x15 with this lift, with no rubbing, or cutting of fenders. I know 33's are out of the question. Any ideas? Wheel spacers, spacers in the front springs, leaf spring brackets,relocation brackets. I can not afford a bigger lift kit at this time. Someone is selling used BFG 32x11.5x15, I need tires now, need to know if I can put these on with minimal modification. Thanks

I ran 32s on a 98 XJ with a Rubicon 3.5" lift. No rubbing and no issues.

Since then moved to a Rubicon 4.5" lift - even better. Kept original flares...

Yes, but you're gonna need to do some cutting.

2012-01-08_16-37-22_318.jpg

^that's the most level shot I could find of it.

No cutting necessary. to be on the safe side, add a poly spacer to your coils and a better/longer shackle to your springs...

Doing this...

P9130286.jpg

Gave me this...

P9130287.jpg

Pretty worn 32x11.5's but I still had maybe an inch inside the wheel well. Saggy old ProComp lift, no rubbing, no trimming (other than the "sideburns" up front.

Steve

Back