• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 XJ bumper

Madnutz_Motorz

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone ever modified an Addictid Offroad Front toyota bumper for fitment on the XJ? I have a 98 xj and would like to use my old toyota bumper but if i need to do serious sergery then I will just sell and buy a bolt on. Im no stranger to a tube bender and welder but would like some feedback on how it looks when done as well as functionability.
199965_3883930538804_1066081667_n.jpg

Honestly anything can be made to work. I would start out with 3/16 or 1/4in plate and make some frame mounts to start, include as many existing bolts/holes as you can. If you want more specific help post pics of how the Toyota bumper mounts.

I took the old tube bumper off or my old Toyota Tacoma and made it fit my Cherokee with a little massaging. Wasnt too bad iirc. If you can fab, anything can be done.

On the Taco:
SS100280.jpg

On the Heep:
IMG_20120704_162038.jpg

Thanks. I think it will look bad a$$ and will go ahead with the install. My main worry was interfearing with my headlight beam. The Addictid bumper has smaller LED turn signals I will be hooking up also. Is there a light that can take place of my stock turn signals that will turn them into small spots? or fog lights? I will be fitting it to the Cherokee in the next couple weeks and will post pics. Thanks guys!

The toyota flat mounts to the toyota across the front frame support. I added a 1/2 inch piece of stock due to toyotas week frame. Being a flat mount i think there will be no problem fabbing mounts for the Xj
560351_3883930818811_1156485620_n.jpg

Back