• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 emergency brake

sandblaster87

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched a fair amount, & cant really find what I'm looking for. I can only find the e-brake kits for an 8.8 with disc, I have drums. The stock cables as we know are to short, & mine are in rough shape. So will the 8.8 disc kit work? Or what could I do/rig up? Its an '89 lifted 6.5"

Years ago, when I went to 5.5," I bought a set of YJ Ebrake cables, pass side iirc. They were plenty long to allow full travel, and they were very easy to hook up to the drum brake 8.8 I installed a couple years ago.

I've searched a fair amount, & cant really find what I'm looking for. I can only find the e-brake kits for an 8.8 with disc, I have drums. The stock cables as we know are to short, & mine are in rough shape. So will the 8.8 disc kit work? Or what could I do/rig up? Its an '89 lifted 6.5"

Search google for the crown disc brake conversion cables. They will work with the 8.8.

Search google for the crown disc brake conversion cables. They will work with the 8.8.

Will the 93'-98' Grand Cherokee, 97'-06' TJ Cables work?
I have an 01' XJ, 5" with an 8.8" w/discs in the back and ive been looking for new e brake cables as well. I googled the conversion and ive been looking at jeeptopdepot.com and they have quite a few cables available. They have a 49" XJ kit for the tera flex conversion, theyre basically all the same right? At least where the cable connects to discs?

FYI - jeep liberty cables (there is only one part number as both sides are the same length) are what you want in a stock application ... for the later models XJ's with the equalizer on the side, use one liberty cable and one GC cable. I used an '04 liberty on the passenger side, and 95 GC for the driverside.

Back