• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grand Cherokee Overhead Console

kjpeter

NAXJA Forum User
OK, So I have searched the forums, Google and Bing and have not found the answer to my question.

I own a 2001 XJ Sport with out the overhead console. After looking on Ebay and classifieds, I just cant foresee spending $150.00+ on a factory trip console.

What I have found is a whole lot of Grand Cherokee mini consoles for cheap.

Can anyone tell me if a Grand Cherokee mini console can be wired in to the XJ's harness and computer to make it work? I don't mind splicing or making some brackets to make it work. My time doesn't cost money.

I have seen the thread of taking an older Grand Cherokee and mini van and making it work but id rather not go that route

Any Thoughts???

As I mentioned in the post I do not want to go that route. I wanted to use the small console like in a 2004 grand cherokee. If anyone else has that info I would be apprecitive.

Last edited:
The answer to your question is no.

Either use a 97-01 XJ Cherokee OHC, or do mods necessary to fit a ZJ console.

IIRC the type of computer, buss and the signals transmitted/received are different on the WJ and the XJ; therefore they are not compatible. You need to stay roughly within the same production years...

Back