• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheeling without rear shocks

CAJJ93XJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
my rear shocks are really limiting my rear travel. can I drive to the trail then remove them for some rock crawling?
my fear is that the leaf packs will be damaged. they are 3.5" RE leafs from before trans america bought them out
I'll get different length shocks when I get back home

expect lots of wheel hop and the back end bouncing, besides that it will be fun

Unbolt them, and then take it for a ride around the block, and then hit the brakes in a sequence that makes the rear end bounce off the ground, youd be suprised how much bounce there is

On a different note... why not just get the correct length shocks? White body shocks are like 30 bones each lol

On a different note... why not just get the correct length shocks? White body shocks are like 30 bones each lol

I was going to get some rubicon shocks. the thing is that the trip is this saturday and I don't have enough time to really play with the rear suspension yet.

thanks guys

i would rather limit my travel than run with no shocks.

wheeling with no shocks is not fun.

Last time out wheeling I had all shocks off to measure for shocks, measured and only put the fronts back on because one of the rears was bent so I didnt mess with them. I wheeled all day and was suprised on how much I didn't notice a difference. I still have the rears off and have mostley run aroud town and such on the weekends and havent notcied a difference either...

Hmm, I noticed a big difference. I was doing my lift and took a spin around the block w/out the rears on. Went through a small dip at low speed and was bouncing all the way down the street.

For the trail I would give it a go and see what you think. You can always put them back on.
I wouldn't attempt any hi speed stuff:skull2:

Last time out wheeling I had all shocks off to measure for shocks, measured and only put the fronts back on because one of the rears was bent so I didnt mess with them. I wheeled all day and was suprised on how much I didn't notice a difference. I still have the rears off and have mostley run aroud town and such on the weekends and havent notcied a difference either...

I guess you run white bodies

I would guess your shocks have been bad for a while. My were bad and i just changed mine with some 5150's and wow what a difference.

Back