• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana30 swap parts

nitrospeed

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up a dana30 hp nonvac disconnect out of a 86 xj with factory 410 gears. It came with cv axles.can I use newer parts like axles and outers from a newer d30 ? Like a tj ?

Yep, just bolt em in.

IIRC you will need to keep the older style unit bearings but I'm not sure on that. Older brake hardware, too. Unless you swap the knuckles and bearings/brakes/rotors etc off a later model.

The only thing I can think of that might preclude you putting it in a TJ is that iirc, the TJ uses cam bolts in the axle side LCA mounts to adjust caster, while the XJ axle won't have the proper ridges and slotted holes for that. If you are using upgraded aftermarket control arms and are prepared to deal with that (shouldn't be too hard) I don't see any way this could go badly for you.

Also, I may be thinking of a different vehicle when it comes to the cam bolts. I know at least one of the ZJ, TJ, or WJ used them but can't recall which one(s) it was.

Back