• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Annual Toy Run!!

91blackbox

NAXJA Forum User
well boys and girls its time to start planning this years run!

wanted to get input from those that have attended the last 2 i planned.

I was thinking that we would help the Ronald McDonald house..

so how about some input

maybe a gold mountain run instead of cleghorn but that limits the rigs that are able to go.

so lets see what you guys want

p.s.

on a side note i was informed that if we could raise $5000 we could sponsor a run at the house for a whole year. that would help hundreds of people through out the year ..

either thru member donations and vendor donations or what not... if not able to raise that much I would like to see a possible cash donation given this year as well as our toy donation

I was there last year and will be this year. I'm in on this event. :clap:
I can do Gold Mountain and most others I'm sure could... but if we got some snow it might make it really difficult for some of us.
I like Cleghorn

Will definitely be there again. The last two were a blast. Might have a couple others that would join if we pick an easier run again. I'm thinking this should be a pretty easy run to encompass just about any rig. The more rigs the more toys we can donate.

i agree with peacefrog, or we can set up two differnt runs one person to run cleg, and possibly someone to lead gold mtn. And then meet back at the rmd house. At a given time.

I have always looked at this run as it being about the kids and no so much about the wheeling. so I may just decide to keep it at cleghorn.

I enjoyed Cleg--that was the first/only time I've run it. Either of the first 2 weekends in December would likely work for me, so hopefully that'll work.

Remember too, folks--it doesn't help much, but if you're driving to / from a charitable event, you can deduct the "Charitable Mileage" rate for the trip when you do your taxes. It's currently "14 cents per mile driven in service of charitable organizations". For me it's a 280mi round trip, so that's almost $40 in Charitable Mileage decuctions. No, it doesn't even begin to pay for gas. But it's something to remember, and it might save you a little in taxes at the end of the year. Every little bit counts!!

(Pssst... same thing applies if you do any Adopt-A-Trail work for the SBNF)

Last edited:
This year will will still do cleghorn and do split group runs at the tower hill so those who want to run the OPEN off shoots can.

Also I will be asking for Cash donations as well this year it can be either or <toy or cash> I know times are rough

the cash will go directly to the house to help pay for supplies or what not needed for the families.

as details get ironed out i will make a new post for the run

thank you for the support!!

this will be the third year I have planned this run and as always I look forward to helping those in need!

I have an idea for a new trail instead of cleghorn. I'm going to prerun the trail next weekend but its a good family run from what i'm told...

I will be there, but the jeep will not. As it gets a new home next Sunday. Probably meet with everyone @mc donalds and collect all the toys, and meet everyone back up at the RMD house.

Back