• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

+1 for Precision injectors

yossarian19

NAXJA Forum User
For $175 or so, I bought a set of Precision fuel injectors at http://www.precisionautoinjectors.com/.
Install takes around 20 minutes, more or less, depending how much gunk you clean out of the injector rail.
I noticed right away that the Jeep starts faster, idles smoother. As for throttle response / power, I couldn't say. Maybe. I don't drive much & it had been a few weeks since I was in the Jeep anyway. Even then - I try to drive like grampa.
Between the injectors and the new TPS I saw a 3 mpg increase, up to 14.x mpg in short-trip city driving on 235's & a cold air intake.
The numbers, clearly, aren't that scientific. I did replace an out of spec TPS at the same time, and I may have a dragging brake caliper up front, etc.
Still, the engine definitely runs better with the better spray pattern of these new injectors. I would not be at all surprised if I picked up 1 mpg from these things alone.

Yeah, yeah - junkyards are cheaper.
They also have injectors that have been run in who-knows-what conditions & fuel.
And that have sat for an indeterminate amount of time.
I'll take reman.

I bought a set of injectors from the jokers at Precision and they didn't work. Had white smoke bellowing out the exhaust. Put the stock injectors back in and it cleared up immediately. Contacted them and got no replies to repeated emails or phone messages. Fortunately I used PayPal who decided in my favor with the dispute. Steer clear of Lack of Precision Auto Injectors!

Good to hear,
i replaced my injectors last summer with reman units I bought from a company in Michigan i think... they were around 80.00 shipped and they brought my old 89 4.0 back to life..old injectors were shot! . I'm with you I wouldn't wast my time pulling and using Junkyard injectors.. as long as your happy with your purchase that's all that matters..

I did the Dodge Neon injector / 4 port nozzle Bosch 703's and it made a noticeable difference, they were supposedly matched up for similar flow and cleaned. They had new O-rings throughout and about $75 on Ebay. Think they were even advertised as a Jeep 4.0 upgrade. MPG went up by 2 average, quite satisfied.

I bought injectors for my 90 from them as well. I'm happy with the results...smoother idle, better throttle response, just runs a whole lot smoother throughout the RPM range. I didn't want to deal with injectors that had been sitting at a wrecking yard for who knows how long either. All in all, a cheap and easy upgrade.

He used to respond very well, my first set was leaking through, causing a slow start. He replaced them for free. But that was nearly 2 years ago.

I honestly noticed very little difference with the injectors, my 01 xj averages 11 mpg.

Averaged 19.35 mpg over 300 miles of mostly freeway with some heavy traffic on the way out of town. CAI & injectors.
Filled gas, calculated mileage, then pulled a nail out of my left rear tire which had 10 psi left in it.
I don't know what having a tire with 10 psi or so is worth as a mileage penalty but I'd say the CAI and injectors must be working right if I'm still getting EPA rated mileage for highway on a trip with traffic mixed in. Shrug. I'm happy.

Ya injectors can be had from programbo on cherokee forum, rebuilt and everything for like 60 bucks. Any set you want.
I know 2 guys with precision that got stock injectors with a 4 hole pestle cap added...not much of an update. Also a pretty detailed thread on jeep strokers Classified section about them.

I'm happy with Programbo a work, he may even sell sets cheaper with no rebuild but I never asked.

Back