• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

P0700 code

Pz10420

NAXJA Forum User
I have gotten this code for the tcm a few times in the past whenever I would get the jeep real muddy. It would usually go away after a few days and never noticed anything unusual with my xj when I would get it. So it came back a couple of weeks ago after a weekend of wheeling. My tranny still seems to be working fine just the code doesn't want to clear this time. Where is the tcm even located so that I can check it out and make sure it is clean and that everything still looks good. Any others thoughts on this are always appreciated.

P0700 is most often a faulty NSS. Also inspect the NSS wire plug and wires.

Thanks for the info. I rebuilt it a few years ago so maybe I just need to take another look at it or hose the connections down with some contact cleaner.

P0700 means that the TCM has a code stored in it, if you have access to a DRBIII you can check the code to narrow down exactly what it is, but as Tim said it's most likely the NSS getting wet and showing that it's in multiple positions at once causing the TCM to throw a code.

As for the location of the TCM it's right above your right foot.

It probably just needed a few (iirc, 3) driving cycles to clear the code.

Back