• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Differential

ghettocherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I was going to try and change the fluid in my differentials this weekend, because they are starting to leak a bit. What are the torque specs on the bolts if there are any? I know I have the factory LS in the back so I know I need friction modifier. what type of fluid should I use? Anything else I need, other than fluid, modifier and a liquid gasket? Anything specific I need to look for?

Wait a weekend, and order a set of lube locker gaskets, you can thank me later.

80-90 for regular use, 75-140 for hard use or towing

Are they more than worth the 40 dollars? I can pick them up tomorrow with will call.

EDIT: They have been ordered and will be picked up tomorrow. Thank you for the help. They will come in very handy when I install my lockers next spring.

Last edited:
Yeah, but my time and frustration is worth something to me. Have had my Lube lockers off 10+ times, and they still seal up great.

That works out to $4 per time to not have to scrape RTV, well worth it in my book

30 lb. ft. for the cover bolts, and YES, torque them...

I would say buy the lubelockers as well. If you don't feel like spending the money, good paper gaskets (Felpro) with both sides smeared with a very thin coat of RTV is a good substitute

And again, properly torque the bolts...the engineers specify torque values for a reason

Back