• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Re: Locked threads

Oatmeal

NAXJA Forum User

Sorry about posting tech questions here but, most of the time I don't get any response or worth while info when I post in the "appropriate" sections.

The people here in the So Cal section seem to be a little more knowledgeable.....just compare the number (and quality) of responses to my questions in the tech forums to here.

Hope I didn't offend anyone.

Hans

Last edited:

It's a Tuesday... he felt like enforcing an obscure rule that hasn't been enforced in quite some time. A rule that has been a hot topic in the past and decidedly not enforced for the very reason you posted. Don't sweat it, he'll be off his rag in a few days :D

one or two every once in awhile gets overlooked but 3 on the front page is why they got locked. i can see why it was done and i agree with your point Hans, i feel the same way.

kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place though as a mod, if left unchecked this turns into a tech board as well.

one or two every once in awhile gets overlooked but 3 on the front page is why they got locked. i can see why it was done and i agree with your point Hans, i feel the same way.

kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place though as a mod, if left unchecked this turns into a tech board as well.

Keeping tech organized in the right place also helps when searching for help and what not.

He was being nice....I just move them

Last edited:

Keeping tech organized in the right place also helps when searching for help and what not.

He was being nice....I just move them

I don't have the authori-TAY to merge/move posts to OEM tech.

Hans you didn't offend me I was trying to keep the chapter forum a little cleaned up.

And no Jim I'm not on the rag I'm just one of the few people that stepped up and took on the responsibility of running the chapter and moderating the SoCal forum.

We have a tech section? I personally rarely go their, so I can see how you feel about better responses on the socal.

We have a vendor section? :gee:

I don't have the authori-TAY to merge/move posts to OEM tech.

Hans you didn't offend me I was trying to keep the chapter forum a little cleaned up.

And no Jim I'm not on the rag I'm just one of the few people that stepped up and took on the responsibility of running the chapter and moderating the SoCal forum.
Hey it's cool....just doing your job.

Would it be alright to post something like "see my thread in ___ tech" ?

Sometimes you don't get a response for several days when you really do need a knowledgeable opinion in a hurry.

Thanks,

Hans

Why not??????

I've done this plenty of times and it has been totally "bueno.." If I remember correctly, a mod suggested this before.

How would any of the SoCal people know that anyone of us has a thread in a tech forum??

It doesn't clog up the SoCal Forum. It actually gets SoCal people out to other forums.

We really need a way of telling other SoCal members that we have an issue and posted it in the appropriate forum....

E

Why not??????

I've done this plenty of times and it has been totally "bueno.." If I remember correctly, a mod suggested this before.

How would any of the SoCal people know that anyone of us has a thread in a tech forum??

It doesn't clog up the SoCal Forum. It actually gets SoCal people out to other forums.

We really need a way of telling other SoCal members that we have an issue and posted it in the appropriate forum....

E

This:

Because it wasn't enforced previously doen't mean it was permitted.

Cross-posting is not allowed and posting like that makes it harder when people are searching to find what they need.

Back