• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33 or 34 x 11.50 x 15?

2001XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have any recommendations on tires in these sizes. I will be using these for 90% highway driving for the upcoming winter. I am partial to BF Goodrich ATs as I have had great experiences with them but I have not seen them made in these sizes. I am open to other brands

Reasons for 11.50?

Is there a reason you are sticking to the 11.50 stamp? Some of the 12.50's are very close - you never get the listed measurement vs installed measurement.

This was a question I asked myself not to long ago and I was just not happy with the limited tire choices - went with 33x12.50-15 Duratracs and I'm very pleased with them on and offroad. The "real" width difference was all about wheel width differences. On x10"s they would have been huge, on x8"s they are just right.

yeah, not really, I just want a more skinny taller looking tire. I currently run BFG MT 33x12.5r15 with 15x8 rims and 4" BS. If i have to go with an 11" width I would also. I realize these are 17s but its what I am trying to mimic with 15" rims to a certain degree

UK-XJRCC-1.jpg

Last edited:
I have the 33x12.50 Duratracs as well, and i think an 11.50 option would be nice for an 8" rim. Unfortunately, i have not seen any in a brand i would buy!

The 12.50's are a little too wide for the 8" rim IMO, but most of the other brands only have 10.50 or 9.50, and i've heard they can look funny.

I don't think my tires look funny. 33x10.50 km2 on a 15x8 with 3.75" bs.
ajepygy7.jpg
ryhasyne.jpg
anavezej.jpg
ydy7yrav.jpg
6ytupuma.jpg
every7a9.jpg

thanks for the pic. I have never seen that size in an actual pic. This helps with my decision.

first time i've ever heard that.
Same. I run 32x11.5's on a 7" rim and wouldn't hesitate to run 12.5's but Ithink I'm going to go to 33x10.5's for my next tire.

Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, it's just that when i asked on another forum whether i should go 12.50 or 10.50 a couple of people said "i had 10.50's and they looked funny". I think they look fine.

I opted for the 33x10.5's on 15x7 rims for a little more sidewall bulge and better bead retention. I personally think it is an ideal width for 33's. Less clearance issues inside the fender wells and they've worked very well on any trail I've thrown at them. The only place I haven't like them is in deep snow due to their tendency to dig rather than float. Maybe I just didn't air them down enough?

100_0833.jpg

100_0825.jpg

100_9570.jpg

The pitbull rockers that you are trying to emulate are 12.5's, as they don't make a narrower rocker.

Yeah but they are 35" tall so I am trying to more or less emulate the "ratio" s to speak which seems to be 33x10.5 roughly at smaller scale

I loved the 33x10.50's for a few reasons but now that I've been in a rig with 12.50s my thoughts have somewhat change, the 12.50s with the wider footprint hookup better when offroad.

Back