• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bad flex plate question

jimmy96xj

NAXJA Forum User
Im new to the whole jeep thing just bought a xj a few days ago with a bad flex plate and it also cuts out in drive my question is do you guys think my cps is also bad or the flex plate also wiped out my torque converter or its just the bad flex plate hitting the inside of the bell housing sorry about my grammar any impute is appreciated

If the flex plate is hitting the bell housing you have severe issues. But....have you actually got under there and removed the inspection shield and looked? The bolts that hold the flex plate could be loose. Plenty of threads on loose bolts and also plenty on cracked flex plates and what to look for. Best suggestions is get under there and look befor you speculate.

What year model and engine?

If there is enough slack, wobble, etc. in the flexplate-TC connection it would make sense that the "cutting out" happens when the flexplate is out of sync, line with the CPS.

Yep, time to crawl under. It's really pretty evident once you see how it goes together.

What ^^ those^^ guys said (plus the write-up link) is the way to go.

Back