• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 XJ - Multi-function Switch??

jeepman121

NAXJA Forum User
Have a 99 4.0 SE. First thing that started (which I don't even thing is related to my issue) is that my blower fan for the heater/ac would quit working but if I hit a bump hard, it would kick back on sometimes for weeks, sometimes for only a minute.
Next came the intermittent wiper function. I was down to just high/low. Eventually the wipers would sometimes not work at all eventually, they stopped working completely after a day of rain and they made an awful squeeling sound from the motor....Next was my airbag light which is lit at all times now.
Then the horn AND my cruise control would randomly work. - Now they too don't work at all.

I was told it was a bad ground. Then I was told a multi-function switch since my cruise/horn.... Any help would be appreciated fellas.

Well the cruise control and the horn issue is most likely the clock spring. The wipers sounds like it might be a dead wiper motor, and as for the blower motor, it could me a fan speed switch or a loose connection somewhere.

The Multi(mis)fuction switch is your turn signal stock/hazard switch, I had mine go bad and when I'd turn left it would blink both tail lights.

Back