• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Non-winch tube bumpers

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Does anyone make a non-winch tube bumper anymore? I've checked all the usual suspects and only seem to be finding them with winch mounts... I know a few years ago these were available.

Thanks!

You looking for a prerunner style John? I know quite a few shops who could fab one for you, and I think soto brothers make a bolt on bumper.

Exactly! Something like your old one is what I want. Most of the small time fab guys don't want to ship

Not sure where he got it/who made it. But cencalxj96 (I think) has a non-winch tube bumper.

http://protofab4x4.com/products.php?ID=00&ID2=29

xjfrnt04.jpg

Exactly! Something like your old one is what I want. Most of the small time fab guys don't want to ship
Ahhhhh I just realized you moved to Texas... damn. I'd say protofab or OR Fab but their stuff is so ugly. It's very "Rock crawler company trying to build a prerunner bumper" lol. It's a shame I don't have my shop set up yet, as I could probably throw something together for you with tube clamps etc to make it easier to ship... but at that point it'd be more than shipping would be.

Ahhhhh I just realized you moved to Texas... damn. I'd say protofab or OR Fab but their stuff is so ugly. It's very "Rock crawler company trying to build a prerunner bumper" lol. It's a shame I don't have my shop set up yet, as I could probably throw something together for you with tube clamps etc to make it easier to ship... but at that point it'd be more than shipping would be.

haha i have a protofab, i just flipped the diamond plate thing inside out & it looks fine...
pocono002.jpg

Yeah, the pre-runner style isn't too popular out here.... which has me really wanting to build one that way! I like to be different..

The proto fab looks to be as good as I'm gonna get. I need a garage and a welder.

If you can get your hands on a welder and a grinder... Might look into the new unitbody tie-ins from JCR mated to some tube from Jeeptubes.com.

I don't have a garage so I'm fairly limited on what I can get away with at my condo. I'm gonna try and find a local fab guy and show him some pics of what I want.

You looking for a prerunner style John? I know quite a few shops who could fab one for you, and I think soto brothers make a bolt on bumper.

they do, and it looks badass. it's the Sato brothers.

shit socaloffroad.net went out of business it looks like, as far as i know they were the only ones who sold it.

maybe send this username a PM, maybe they can still get one made up for you http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1066776

Last edited:
Thanks Grimm. Shot sato an email on their site

I saw that cRusty's offers custom build options on their bumpers so I emailed them to see if they'd make a non winch tube bumper like they used to. Their response "we can but its the same price so you might as well get the winch plate"

Good reminder of why I've never bought from them.

Back