• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need some jv info

bails85

NAXJA Forum User
Planning to go out to jv next month. Is there a pass I need to buy and are there any other camping related or land use things I might need to know about? I've only been there once for KOH. Just want to make sure that I am being legit. Planning on going for a weekend next month. Thanks.

Nothing needed.Just take water and trash bags with you, HAUL it in and HAUL it out..

Have a great time and make sure you have a jeep or 2 with you when you go out

No firewood with nails or staples.

Supposedly no glass bottles.

Shotguns only if you are going to be shooting.

No firewood with nails or staples.

Supposedly no glass bottles.

Shotguns only if you are going to be shooting.

^ what he said. the nails and glass things are the most important to follow. I got 27 nails in an almost brand new set of 33x10.50 BAJA T/A's out there just from driving across the lake bed, wasted a 1300$ set of tires. every tire had at least 5 nails in it, bastards burning pallets!hasta

also, be a nice guy and mark your campfire with a ring of rocks. just in case so the next guy can avoid whatever everyone throws in there drunk ;)

I always take trash out and no nails or glass. I've been to glamis and dumont regularly. I just wanted to know if there was a fee or a designated area for trailers and rv's and such? Thanks for the input guys.

nope, its an open use area. watch out driving on the lakebed at night, there are old bomb craters all over the east side of the lakebed and a large hole around the north side in the middle. don't go hauling ass around the flats at night as a rule of thumb, many rigs have been destroyed by hitting the craters in the middle of the night. you'll see what I mean when you get out there... you can even see the craters on the googlemaps satellite view.

nope, its an open use area. watch out driving on the lakebed at night, there are old bomb craters all over the east side of the lakebed and a large hole around the north side in the middle. don't go hauling ass around the flats at night as a rule of thumb, many rigs have been destroyed by hitting the craters in the middle of the night. you'll see what I mean when you get out there... you can even see the craters on the googlemaps satellite view.

It helps if it have your lights on. LoL

But, it's oh so good. Win Juice turned me into Mickey Thompson one night.

Yeah, and the same juice turned you into Deney Terrio on another. :eyes::roflmao::moon:

Last edited:
Back