• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 Swap Measurments

Hotwire

NAXJA Forum User
So, Iv got my 8.8 bolted up, but not welded. Im trying to get it into place. So far so good, but I just want to be sure before I go welding anything in. Im hoping that someone who has this swap and give me a hand...

So far iv got it close to centered.

My measurement between the inside of the outter flange on the tube end and the outside of the leaf spring perch is 3.75". Its the same on both sides.

Should I be looking somewhere else for measurments? or a different way to measure?:read:

that's how I did it.

if you want to be doubly sure, take an "X" measurement from a fixed point on the front axle. I used the lower balljoint center. If they don't match, it's not square.

Center the axle. The diff will be a little off-center, but doesn't cause problems. Also, before you weld spring perches, make sure your pinon angle is good. Pinon should point to the transfer case output, or 2-3 degrees below. That way you won't have to use axle shims to align the pinon.

Back