• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Questions about stroker parts

sumofatguy

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everybody,

I have some stroker parts in my garage that were bought by someone else quite a few years ago. They were given to me, and now I'm trying to figure out what the original owner had planned since I may want to build myself that stroker... It will be for a 2000 XJ if I actually go for it.

I'm getting lots of info from http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/stroker.html, but I still have a few questions

First, I'm having trouble determining the pistons he has. This is what they have on them:
photo%2520%25281%2529.JPG

photo%2520%25282%2529.JPG

Which stroker kit are these for?

As well, I have what I believe is the 4.2L crank:
photo.JPG

Is there any way to tell if it has been offset-ground?

I appreciate any help, right now I'm just trying to determine what I have and what I need and if it will actually be worthwhile...

Last edited:
Crank is an 81-86 lightweight crank with 10 counter weights. Bout all there is to tell on it.. Get some mics and measure all bearing journals.

Pumpers are .090 overbore.. No more after that. Find a used block. Taking .090 out of a virgin is just a waste. Get block cyl checked if they will overbore that much. Silvolite 2229 number inside casting. You will need the 258 (short) rods with these.

Crank is an 81-86 lightweight crank with 10 counter weights. Bout all there is to tell on it.. Get some mics and measure all bearing journals.

Pumpers are .090 overbore.. No more after that. Find a used block. Taking .090 out of a virgin is just a waste. Get block cyl checked if they will overbore that much. Silvolite 2229 number inside casting. You will need the 258 (short) rods with these.

Thanks for the info! I assumed the pistons were .09 over, but I couldn't find anything quite that large on any stroker sites. So it appears he's going for a custom build or something...

What would the displacement be with the crank and +.09 pistons?

Back