• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

****STOLEN JEEP TJ****

HandBuiltXJ

NAXJA Forum User
My buddy got his 2006 TJ Rubicon stolen last night from his apartment in Carlsbad.

TJ RUBICON 5 speed
5 35" TOYO MT TIRES on black aluminum rims
warn 8000 winch
warn front and rear bumper with tire carrier
arb style refrigerator in back.
dualee LED lights

pictures to follow

Posted & asking around. Should have alot of eyes keeping a look out for this rig. That really sucks. I would be pissed if someone stole my Smurf!
:gee: :flame: :hang:

Dam what a bummer! I always keep my battery disconnected and a car cover over the Jeep because i worry about the same thing happening to my XJ.

So many Jeeps being stolen from the San Diego area lately. Unfortunately there is a order for them from the cartels, the rigs end up in mexico within an hour :(

Hope his is recovered.

This is why my $4000 rig is in garage every night and the 25K vehicle sits outside. My jeep if far more likely to wonder off.

Last edited:
So many Jeeps being stolen from the San Diego area lately. Unfortunately there is a order for them from the cartels, the rigs end up in mexico within an hour :(

Hope his is recovered.

Is there a secret freeway i dont know about? It akes me damn near 40 minutes to go from north county to sorrento valley

Is there a secret freeway i dont know about? It akes me damn near 40 minutes to go from north county to sorrento valley

Go up the 8 Fwy, then turn offroad when you hit the sand dunes. no road, but easy to cross the border with a capable jeep. there are also other border crossings besides TJ. Algadones crossing is probably empty at night, and not very crowded during the day. it is very easy to get into Mexico fast if you know were to go especially if you are from there.
sorry to hear about your friends Jeep. lets hope it was kids looking for a fun ride and is still in the area somewhere.

san diego is jeep theft capitol because of mexico. sorry about your buddys jeep. im always on cl so ill let ya know if i spot anything

My 04 LJ went to mexico from east county SD in less than an hour. :(

Bought my XJ as a cheap stop-gap and I'm still running it 4 years later. :)

I think my LJ was much sexier, but darn it if my XJ doesn't get the job done better for cheaper. I love not having a car payment...haha.

Thank you all for keeping an eye out, luckily he has full coverage, all his receipts and bought everything but his winch new, so he should get something back for it from the insurance company. Now just got to convince him to build a cherokee this time.

John

Thank you all for your keeping your eyes open for him. He is pretty much counting it as a loss, and insurance should be cutting him a check next week. Now He wants a JK. I know, i tried to talk some sense into him...

Back