• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Softer Coil Springs

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
Ive come to realize that my Pro Comp Coil springs are stiff as chit. Also I am looking to ditch my 3.5" coils and 1" spacer and replace with 4.5" coils which should level my jeep out a bit better. Which coils would be "softer" for DD.... Rusty's or RE super ride coils? Or any other brand that would be good....

I bought some progressive springs for my truck. They have a smaller winding and a larger one so when the truck isn't loaded they ride good but if you get into some bumps they stiffen up. Might want to check into that if you drive it daily.

I had superlift springs which were 230lbs and went down to a 170 progressive spring and they ride much better. I have BDS shocks.

You should know how much weight your truck has before ordering springs, if you have a lot of weight on there a progressive spring might not work out for you.

I bought some progressive springs for my truck. They have a smaller winding and a larger one so when the truck isn't loaded they ride good but if you get into some bumps they stiffen up. Might want to check into that if you drive it daily.

I had superlift springs which were 230lbs and went down to a 170 progressive spring and they ride much better. I have BDS shocks.

You should know how much weight your truck has before ordering springs, if you have a lot of weight on there a progressive spring might not work out for you.

Hardly any extra weight at all. Surco rack, no accessories, no winch.

Back