• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 Door tube doors

Weasel

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
ran out of time getting my full doors back together so made these.

The bolt into the back sill for now, might make a latch for them later at some point, who knows.

CameraZOOM-20120830154507790.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120830154518893.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120830154529081.jpg

Had them on for a couple weeks and they are working out great. Going to be a bummer when I have to put on the full doors in the winter.

Doesn't get cumbersome climbing over? I guess I'm just way too old for that...

Good work though!

Robert

Doesn't get cumbersome climbing over? I guess I'm just way too old for that...

Good work though!

Robert

Actually it's better then I thought, sliders have enough lip to get your shoe on them, sit your but on the bar and swing in. Looking at adding latches for this reason though, certain segments of passenger may not find the entry method so appealing. Something that won't rattle though.

Nice unibody crack on the driver side b pillar.... doesnt make me feel so bad about mine

Yeah the inner panel where the door striker pin cracked out really bad, hence the riveted plate covering up most of it. I drill the remaining cracks and they haven't spread. Have a few more I should weld up.

X2! Any plans to add side mirrors to them?

Probably, I have a few ideas, could use XJ ones if I make a small triangle in roughly the stock location.

They got used this weekend and the extra visibility and not fighting or trying to open the stupid heavy factory doors was awesome.

DSCF3480__Custom__Snapseed2.jpg

Back