• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95-96 xj electrical help

oops777

NAXJA Forum User
new to this forum so wanna say hi from AZ.

I bought a 95xj that had a motor swap was told that the motor is also a 95. They cut into the harness and made a huge rats nest under the hood. I took it out trailing and was getting shorts and having electrical issue. I found a harness to a 96 and asking around was told that it would work. I have the computer and all. got it running and now when I shift into drive feels like the brakes are on and hard to move. When I shift into 1/2 it drives fine.
Anyone have an idea on what this could be?

new to this forum so wanna say hi from AZ.

I bought a 95xj that had a motor swap was told that the motor is also a 95. They cut into the harness and made a huge rats nest under the hood. I took it out trailing and was getting shorts and having electrical issue. I found a harness to a 96 and asking around was told that it would work. I have the computer and all. got it running and now when I shift into drive feels like the brakes are on and hard to move. When I shift into 1/2 it drives fine.
Anyone have an idea on what this could be?

Might have something to do with the (4th gear) overdrive being engaged... when it shouldn't be.

Back