• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mercedes Diesel Conversion

joejeep92

NAXJA Forum User
Ok. I have searched and read a lot on the 3.0 mercedes diesel conversion. I have a motor (needs rebuilt) from previous projects. The engine to transmission adapters are economical and I can fab up anything else I need. Everyone says I will need atleast 4.5"s of lift to clear the oil pan. My question is that with the lift and appropriate tires and gears will a 3.0 have the power to push me at highway speeds and under 4 lo needs? Or is their a better diesel engine option?

Which 3.0 Mercedes diesel? The one that was used in the previous grand cherokee would be a wonderful powerplant but I would be afraid of the electrical... An older MB 3.0...Guess it depends on many things...
I'd like to see someone put a Cummins B3.3T into an XJ myself... :)

My personally dream is a 1hd-t or 1hd-ft toyota diesel. They are more powerful and I have always admired the Toyota diesel. The OM617 diesel is the one I have

Ah, I have a 4.0 HO, And a 4.6 Stroker. I would kill for a 4BT Cummins. This being said by a man that owns a Powerstroke, and a 6.0 to boot. I love my 6.0. You just have to spend the money to bulletproof it. Kinda like a jeep. :)

Back