• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

School Me on Mid Arms

themauler

NAXJA Forum User
After three years of doing some hard wheeling on my short arm RE 3.5" lift on my 93 xj aw4 231 lockers front and rear i have been entertaining the idea of maybe improving some flex in the front. My leaf packs are stock with the thick AAL the RE provided. I can stuff my tires at all four corners pretty well and I ride with no sway bars because the front coils have been pretty stout with mellow body roll. I like to stick to the rocks and mountain terrain here on the east coast. All slow speed wheeling.

Like everyone else I go for the LCOG and have wheeled 34s and 33s. With that tire/height combo will mid arms be a cost effective upgrade?

This kit looks like a good bundle and I have the calculation skills and welding skills to do it all myself.
http://www.dirtboundoffroad.com/featured/xj-mid-arm-kit-2/

I would love to do a three link and panhard bar up front but I DD this thing everywhere and don't want to deal with any bad death wobble.

Are mid arms something that sound like a good upgrade for my style of wheeling?

TIA,
Nick

Mid arms would work fine. As far as that goes any of them setup properly would work great. And I'm not sure what doing a 3 link with a pan hard has to do with death wobble. Doesn't matter what setup you do it's still prone to death wobble as things wear and get loose

And I'm not sure what doing a 3 link with a pan hard has to do with death wobble. Doesn't matter what setup you do it's still prone to death wobble as things wear and get loose

Yeah I feel dumb writing that hahah :confused1

I think a good mid arm setup is good. I really want to but funds do not permit right meow.
Panhard bar is just another term for track bar.

After three years of doing some hard wheeling on my short arm RE 3.5" lift on my 93 xj aw4 231 lockers front and rear i have been entertaining the idea of maybe improving some flex in the front. My leaf packs are stock with the thick AAL the RE provided. I can stuff my tires at all four corners pretty well and I ride with no sway bars because the front coils have been pretty stout with mellow body roll. I like to stick to the rocks and mountain terrain here on the east coast. All slow speed wheeling.

Like everyone else I go for the LCOG and have wheeled 34s and 33s. With that tire/height combo will mid arms be a cost effective upgrade?

This kit looks like a good bundle and I have the calculation skills and welding skills to do it all myself.
http://www.dirtboundoffroad.com/featured/xj-mid-arm-kit-2/

I would love to do a three link and panhard bar up front but I DD this thing everywhere and don't want to deal with any bad death wobble.

Are mid arms something that sound like a good upgrade for my style of wheeling?

TIA,
Nick

Been running a long-arm 3-link for over two years now. Just made a 6 hour trip down to the outer banks, plus bombing up and down the beach at 40 mph. No issues. Besides, you can get death wobble with any setup, including stock.

Back