• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission mount Difference between years?

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
So on another thread here I saw someone say to check Rockauto.com for a trans mount. They said they ran about 15 bucks. I looked for my 01 and they only showed one part and it was $75.

Now out of curiosity I pulled up a 1998 and they have all different kinds, shapes and sizes and yep...they are about $15 bucks.

Is there a difference? I thought they were all the same.

I think the 00-01 are different.

Pretty sure my friend (Dundy on here) switched to the older style.

I can't remember if he just needed the old style crossmember or not.

The trans mounts on the crossmember are offset on the newer ones according to my research.

Rockauto has the centered ones (#2570) for $9 right now. Look up a 1993 Cherokee with inline 4. The offset mount (#2625) is $10. Look up a 1993 Cherokee with inline 6.

I have a daystar poly centered (non-offset) mount I bought by mistake (I actually need the offset one). It's available for sale (cheap) or trade if anyone can use it...

http://www.quadratec.com/products/76058_831.htm

29866-lg.jpg

Last edited:
Rockauto has the centered ones (#2570) for $9 right now. Look up a 1993 Cherokee with inline 4. The offset mount (#2625) is $10. Look up a 1993 Cherokee with inline 6.

Will the 4cyl mount work for a 6cyl ... just asking as I'm not sure if the 6cyl is bigger or not.

I was planning to have a new crossmember made (with extra skidding and such) and just planned to conver at that time to the pre 99 mount.

Mine is a 2000 4.0/aw4 and no one local even carries a mount for me ... going online is almost the same price as the dealer after you factor in shipping costs to Canada.

Will the 4cyl mount work for a 6cyl ... just asking as I'm not sure if the 6cyl is bigger or not.

I was planning to have a new crossmember made (with extra skidding and such) and just planned to conver at that time to the pre 99 mount.

Mine is a 2000 4.0/aw4 and no one local even carries a mount for me ... going online is almost the same price as the dealer after you factor in shipping costs to Canada.

Try doing a google shopping search for "2000 jeep Cherokee transmission mount" you might find a Canadian parts house that carries one.

Yes, the mounts will work on either. I'm not sure why Rockauto calls one a 4-cyl and one a 6-cyl when it has nothing to do with that.

Try doing a google shopping search for "2000 jeep Cherokee transmission mount" you might find a Canadian parts house that carries one.

Nada.
Usually I can find parts out of Ontario but that cost more to ship than it does from Florida to BC. There's not a whole lot available online for XJ's that doesn't source from the US.
I try to shop local but the dollar talks on the larger purchases.

Good to know the "4cyl" mount is the same as the 00+ mount ... That'll make things simpler.

All you care about is centered or offset. They are the same for 4-cyl and 6-cyl.

I think the 00 and 01s might be different even than just the offset ones but I'm not sure.
so after starting this thread 14 hours ago, you are all ready answering your own question. lol, just giving some chit man.

I said I think.

I've had a lot of time today to research crap.
I think you got it figured out bro. I can look it up at work tomorrow if you can't sort it out. I have access to every parts stores inventory in town & can take a look at specs between years.

I need to replace the mount on my '01 XJ AW4 as well... so any details you can provide as to part#, etc... is greatly appreciated by me.

I just did a quick search on Autozone and the part they call for my mount is $102.99... that's hard to believe unless it's some sort of liquid filled damper like you see on engine mounts for Mercedes and BMW type cars...

Back