• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vacuum leak at brake booster

Bjorn86

NAXJA Forum User
My 99 XJ w/ 4.0 has developed an intermittent vacuum leak at the brake booster fitting where the hose connects to the manifold. Every once in a while, I will get a high idle, ~1500-2000 rpm, if I pop the hood and fiddle with that fitting, it stops. Can the little fitting that come out of the booster and the associated grommet be replaced, or do I have to replace the entire booster? Anyone have a part #? I have searched and found nothing :banghead:.

Thanks! :worship:

Thanks. I searched that and found a DormanHELP kit at the parts store, bit it's just a universal kit. Anyone used this or know if it will work? I can't seem to find a vehicle specific one.

Thanks. I searched that and found a DormanHELP kit at the parts store, bit it's just a universal kit. Anyone used this or know if it will work? I can't seem to find a vehicle specific one.

Just for future reference, the Dorman kit worked. Part #80189.

Thanks for the help!

Back