• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

roof light bars, need some help

If you wheel anywhere that there are low branches you will regret having them on the roof area. I recommend putting them on the bumper vs. putting them on the roof on a bar any day.

If you wheel anywhere that there are low branches you will regret having them on the roof area. I recommend putting them on the bumper vs. putting them on the roof on a bar any day.

I know, but I use to wheel in paths pretty clear. A couple of rigs are taller than my (10"+) and have not many problems.

The main reason to put in the roof is not to block the radiator (8" each x 4 is a lot of surface) and always there's mud. In the roof I have a change to keep it clean and usable during the trail.
Maybe put them at the hoods level but I guess it will difficult work on the engine if needed.

X2 also depending on your vehicle color you may get a lot of hood shine ( light reflecting off hood).

Last edited:
I mounted mine on the roof and if you mount them coward enough not much hood shine at all and no blocking air. I use one cross bar for reg roof rack. Not a fan of the flip down plus it's quite a bit of money. Imo

Rivet/weld two tabs coming off your a pillar and then make a nice hoop for mounting. Maybe a support to tie to the roof or one of the stock racks. With the tabs on the a pillar you have the advantage of removal if needed.

Back