• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Skid plate recomendations

mako my day

NAXJA Forum User
I am ready to start skid plating the jeep for our socal areas. What do you guys recommend?
Desert, mountains, exploration, etc. Rubicon next summer, etc.
Thanks!
I need to order/buy/build asap.

the TNT belly pan or the skid row full skid plate are both beefy and protect the majority of the underside. I've seen both up close and both are quality parts.

I run the Skid Row gas and engine/tranny skids and a Rusty's t-case skid (one of my first mods!). Their gas skid is nice because it has adjustable mounting brackets that will work with hitches, the Rusty's one I owned before didn't. Engine/tranny skid is nice because it seemlessly connects with the t-case skid and adds a lot of protection. Also makes changing your transmission and engine oil a messy affair and I've got the burn scars to prove it. All are 3/16" steel and probably add 150-175lbs to the curb weight. If I were to do it again I would just get a TNT or JCR belly pan plus Skid Row gas skid.

I dont know if he's selling them anymore, but I loved the Appalachian Armor skid for my TCase: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1013047

I ran a stock tank skid, saved my ass, literally.

I would recommend getting the LCA skids too, I bent my LCA brackets up pretty good in SoCal

you will use the shit out of that TNT bellypan on the 'con.

I also like having mid section frame stiffeners to protect the frame rail where the belly pan doesn't. I bashed in a small area near the front leaf spring mount before I put the stiffeners on.

Back