• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another brake question

rkates

NAXJA Forum User
Just swapped my waggy 44 front axle and have a question about the brakes. I've read about swapping the master cylinder but wasn't sure if it's needed on this. It feels like I lost a lot of Peddle, I'm not sure if I need to keep bleeding it or if it is the master cylinder than needs up graded. Anyone else have the same issue?

I'm running Chevy brake calipers if that makes a different

So what are you driving??? Makes a differance so we know what stock stuff you have as well stock stuff.... lol

95 Cherokee sport 44rear with ford 8.8 disc brakes waggy 44 front with Chevy knuckles and Chevy brakes. Stock master, perportion, and booster. Ive always had a solid pedal before the swap.

I ran those brakes up front with monte carlo calipers in back and always had a nice high pedal with good pedal feel. Stock everything else, dual diagphram booster and 96 and 97 xj master cylinder ( ran this setup in 2 xjs). I may have used a zj prop valve, but it was so long ago i dont remember.

Back