• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Tow Rig Buildup

freerider15

NAXJA Forum User
Alright...so I guess its time I start a thread for this.

Got the tow rig a few months ago...and of course I couldn't leave it alone. :D

As I got it:

20i6l1s.jpg

Front before:

IMAG0360.jpg

IMAG0361.jpg

After:

IMAG0373.jpg

IMAG0374.jpg

Rear before:
IMAG0372.jpg

Rear After: (2008 Tail Lights and a Recon Smoked LED 3rd brake light)

IMAG0375.jpg

HID's (low):
IMAG0376.jpg

HID's (high):
IMAG0377.jpg

Overall...I'm more than happy with how it all came out.

As you can see I also added smoked cab lights and different wheels. As you can see the passenger side mirror is broken. I'm going to be replacing the mirrors with ones off a 2007, since they're heated and have integrated blinkers/

The HID's are nice...the only thing I might complain about is the its not a "diffuse" pattern but has some jagged "lining" in it...hard to describe. But for $50 i'm happy!

I'm going to remove/tape off all the plastic (bed caps, rear bumper top, handles) and get them all painted as well since they've faded a bit.

The only other plans I have for it really are a 7" flip-up in dash DVD/MP3/etc. player for the long trips, and doing a DP Tuner (Guages, Exhaust, etc.) :greensmok

I wish my werk truck had 4, full size doors...and a diesel. I like the blackout, even though it makes it look like you wanted a Dodge. :D

LOL Hey its a cheaper tow rig that will be reliable (unless transmission goes out) :D

I like chevys.... But this ford looks good with the different front end on it! After all its just gonna be a tow rig right?

I don't wanna see a damn thing til that buggy is wheeling. :D

but it does look good. i needs me a diesel....

LOL Hey its a cheaper tow rig that will be reliable (unless transmission goes out) :D

I like chevys.... But this ford looks good with the different front end on it! After all its just gonna be a tow rig right?

Yeah people keep forgetting I DIDN'T BUY A NEW TRUCK :D

I bought the best truck that could REMOTELY meet what I wanted, for my price.

Unfortunately for Dodge...it took them a long time to figure out how to build a four door that could fit more than a kid in the back comfortably!

And as far as the transmission I'm nooooot worried...this one is a 6 Speed :D

Be sure to get some theft prevention of some sort on board........ I keep hearing stupid-high theft numbers of trucks outta the 'Springs. We're seeing an increase as well in the metro area. Rig up a kill switch or something. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Be sure to get some theft prevention of some sort on board........ I keep hearing stupid-high theft numbers of trucks outta the 'Springs. We're seeing an increase as well in the metro area. Rig up a kill switch or something. :thumbup:

Troy, now that you mention it, I will be working on getting something like a Viper Alarm installed at some point (at least before I move to Denver) especially since I would really like a remote start / turbo timer :D

Back