• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HWY 62 closed

Wow, that's crap... I was just getting ready to head out to 29P this weekend and go exploring around rice.

Just an FYI, if you are in 29P you can take amboy road up through amboy to national trails hwy and take that back up to I-40. IIRC it's about 40miles to amboy, not sure how far that puts you out of the way when it comes to getting to the river, but it will get you there.

If you're in a jeep just before the road closed sign you'll find a road to the right.Take it about 1/4 mile and turn left towards rice.This will put you past the signs and the you can follow the road, just watch for washed out roads.OR you can follow that road you turned onto and go to the mines.Just follow the mountains towards rice road and you'll find ole dale mine road.

You may be able to hop back on the hwy after a mile and just go slow.

Good luck and be safe.

I typically take 62 to amboy and then either continue thru essex or take kelbaker(is that how its spelt?) To the 40 to laughlin.
I just checked dot.ca.gov and 62 is still closed from 7 miles eat of 29p to sr177.
You guys have a great labor day weekend.

I typically take 62 to amboy and then either continue thru essex or take kelbaker(is that how its spelt?) To the 40 to laughlin.
I just checked dot.ca.gov and 62 is still closed from 7 miles eat of 29p to sr177.
You guys have a great labor day weekend.

Back