• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine Compartment pictures

bulfo4

NAXJA Forum User
We're troubleshooting a 1996 XJ 4.0L and could really use some pictures of what the engine compartment looked like before we took it all apart (we took some, just not enough). We're double-checking a few things, not just one area, so almost any angles could be useful. Does anyone have some pics they could share?

Thanks!

Ummmm.... Do you have a pile of parts left over and need to know where they go or something? :D Might get a little more help if you describe what the trouble is your having. Maybe a little history on what it is you've done so far..

We're troubleshooting a 1996 XJ 4.0L and could really use some pictures of what the engine compartment looked like before we took it all apart (we took some, just not enough). We're double-checking a few things, not just one area, so almost any angles could be useful. Does anyone have some pics they could share?

Thanks!
You are in luck my friend. I happen to have pictures of my 1996 4.0L XJ that I saved before I sold it. It's been gone for a couple of years, so I probably don't remember much about what goes where. Here's all I got:

IMG_1474.jpg

IMG_1475.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

IMG_1477.jpg

CaliJeep - Sure thing. We did a major engine swap that required unhooking everything. We're trying to check some grounds and double checking things like where different wires and hoses are routed. We could use a good pic of the ignition coil grounds.

Planetcat - thanks for the pics, those help with a couple of things we're looking for.

Move the coil to another location away from the block. The heat kills them quickly.

The ground at the coil is from the alternator I think. There are 3 maybe 4 grounds that go to the dipstick tube hold down bolt, stud side.

Then there is the ground strap at the rear of the head, drivers side, to the cowl.

xjtrailrider - thanks, I hadn't thought about moving the ignition coil. Your coil info helps. Good stuff to check. Thanks

Back