• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sourcing Springs

4WDlifeform

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for a little help/thoughts on where to buy lift springs. I want to go about 3.5". I am only in need of the springs, and having a hard time finding suppliers that just sell individual springs at a fair price. I looked local for used stuff, but nothing turned up.

I need 3.5" coil for the front, and 2.5" leaf for the rear (shackle relocation) Does anyone carry a full leaf pack with 2.5" lift? I do not want to do an add-a-leaf...

Any suggestions, greatly appreciated!

I know that OME sells their springs individually. OME does a 2" leaf so you'd need a 1.5" shackle. Rusty's will sell you just the coil springs as well. The options are out there.

this is what I did with my '97 XJ and worked perfectly: I contacted a Jeepspeed racer and asked if he had a USED set of Deaver Springs. He did, so after agreeing on the price, I got a set of USED Deavers that gave me 3.5 to 4" of net lift. I measured the height of my bumper before and after, and that's what I got. My thinking was that new Deavers that Jeepspeed guys use for racing (with Best In The Desert and others)are very stiff for their purpose, but after a couple of races they get replaced. Even after racing a pair of Deavers for a full season, the springs are just perfect for "wheeling" without rubbing the wheel wells with my 31 inch tires. For what I use my XJ is just perfect, and can load up the rear with all kinds of gear, tools, ice chest, bumper mounted spare and never rub again. Contact somebody with Jeepspeed and try it. Good luck

Full traction also sells springs individually. Most vendors do if you call them rather than just look online. :)

Have you looked in the Vendor Forum?

Yep there's this guy there ... Has a website ... sells spring at really good prices too. :what: :eek: :rolleyes:
And he's awesome to deal with.

Or if you look on craigslist in an area directly south of you.. you might find some posted by some random guy with an xj and lots of extra crap thats sitting on his porch ;)

Back